Ladakh is located between the major mountain ranges of the world, the Karakoram and the Himalayas, at an altitude of 3500 meters above sea level. In addition, the parallel ranges of Zanskar and Ladakh surround the valley of Ladakh. Manali-Leh road trip is very popular among bikers, and youngsters often enjoy this exciting road trip.
Leh-Ladakh, confined in the beautiful plains of Jammu, needs no introduction today, especially among the young generation, Leh Ladakh is very famous for tremendous adventure. Ladakh, full of snowy desert, has ancient beauty, monasteries, wildlife safaris on the snow-laden mountains, as well as the inclusion of Indian and Tibetan Buddhism here.
There is no doubt that Leh-Ladakh is one of the most beautiful places in India and you must visit this place at least once in your life . If you like adventure and you have visited many places across the country with your bike, then once you go to Leh-Ladakh by bike trip. Although going to Leh by bike is not easy as it is one of the toughest road trips in the world, the beauty of the road during this time will become memorable forever.
The best time to go on a bike trip to Leh Ladakh is the time from June to September is the best time for a bike trip to Ladakh because during this time it is less cold in Ladakh than throughout the year. However, do carry warm clothes. Jackets and good quality shoes with you and prepare yourself for the Himalayan cold.
IRCTC tourism has brought a special opportunity for the people who go on the Leh Ladakh trip, under which they can fulfill their dream of going to Leh. According to IRCTC, this tour will be a bike tour of 13 days, and for this, about 36 thousand rupees will be spent per person. However, the price of other packages is also up to 47 thousand. You can book this package easily, for this you have to go to the website of irctctourism. In this package, the bus will be taken from Delhi to Manali, and after that the further journey will have to be decided by bike.
Now if we go somewhere, first we make a budget of how much it will cost to go there. Let us also tell you how much money will be spent on going here.
On Petrol: If the average of your bike gives an average of 30 to 35 kmpl. It must be known that you will have to go more than 3000 kms to go on this road trip. So the fuel cost for you is 7000 (min) to 10000(max) can be.
On Food: About 300 to 500 rupees can be spent on food in a day.
Where to stay: Your daily stay can cost you 1000 to 2500.
Other Expenses: Keep 3000 to 5000 in extras with you including permits and other expenses.
Things to carry
Equipment: GPS with a charger, swiss army knife, first aid kit charger, Power banks, camera kit and gear, Rechargeable torches, Air foot pump.
Bike Gear: Helmet with protective visor, Riding goggles, Riding gloves, Bandana/skull cap, Knee Elbow guard,Riding jacket with thermal inners, Spare tyre & puncture repair kit, Nylon rope and funnel.
Important documents like: Driving license, Registration certificate, PUC certificate, Adhar card, Insurance Policy, Photo id proofs.
Other important items: Saddle bag, small bag for repeated use , Large plastic sheet to cover the bag, A five liter can, Thermal water bottle, Bungee cords to tie luggage to the bike(Bungee Cord), Glasses.
- Do research thoroughly before going on a trip so that you have information about the routes, places to eat and drink, accommodation and other basic things during bike travel.
- Get complete information related to your physical condition and health. Before going on a bike ride on the mountains of Leh-Ladakh, it is very important to know whether you are physically and mentally fit or not.
- Plan the route you want to go to Leh in advance. By the way, most of the travelers prefer to go to Leh via Manali. It takes 2 days to reach Leh to Manali Highway.
- Before starting the journey, get information about the weather of Leh and the places that fall on the way. The Leh-Manali route is at an altitude of 4000 feet above sea level and the weather in Leh is extremely cold and the temperature sometimes reaches -30 degrees. At the height of the mountains, you may also have to face difficulties if the oxygen level is low. So be ready for these things.
- Carry appropriate clothing and accessories with you before setting out on a bike trip so that you do not feel cold on the way or after reaching Leh.
- Divide the money among two-three people in your group and keep it. After Manali, you will rarely find ATMs and your card or PAYTM will not work on the way. So keep enough money nearby.
- The most important thing is that since you are going on a bike trip, your bike should also be in good condition.
- Along with all this, you also have to prepare yourself physically for this journey. If you are physically healthy and active then it is very good, otherwise a little exercise, jogging, yoga etc. A month or two before the journey is enough.