There are many places in India which make our hearts happy for many reasons. By culture, sites and adventurous activity. The upper part of India is cherished by all the people specially the crown as it has the Upper Region of Great Himalayas and has beautiful sites. But not just this there are many things about Jammu Kashmir which makes it Paradise on Earth.
Brief About Kashmir
Kashmir is best known as a holiday spot for all the new couples, family and even friends groups. Many people come to enjoy all the beautiful sites, valleys, mountain views and even religious places. There are many places like- Gulmarg. Pahalgam, Srinagar or even Sonmarg where people come and enjoy time with their loved ones. There is also The Amarnath Cave which is devoted to Lord Shiva And attracts many religious tourists here. There are many places which are more attractive to people like saffron fields, beautiful lakes, views of meadows, apple orchids etc, which makes Kashmir more beautiful and memorable for the tourists. The lakes of Kashmir often offer boat rides, houseboats and also to do shopping on some of the lake parts.
Best time to visit
Kashmir is a place which can be visited at any time but still look beautiful and make the whole journey beautiful. But still there are many places in Kashmir which should be visited in different seasons. Here is the list for every season-
- Summer Season:- The months of March to June give a special feeling to the tourists who visit in these months. As the temperature of Kashmir goes to 15°C to 30°C. This time is best to enjoy the Shikari ride on Dal lake, the valleys of Sonmarg region and also to explore the Tulip festival. The trekking of places like Srinagar, Gulamrg and Pahalgam are famous in this season.
- MonsoonSeason:- In monsoon season there is a different level of charm in the streets of Kashmir. In this season many different kinds can be witnessed like apple picking, sightseeing in Pahalgam region and many more activities. The best time of the monsoon months are July to September. As the area receives heavy rainfall, still people enjoy their best time in Open streets and do sightseeing in many places.
- Winter Season:- The month of October to February gives a heavenly and true colours to Kashmir. The temperature goes from -2°C to 12°C. Many tourists visit in these months to do skiing and also snowboarding. This season receives snowfall which makes the streets covered with snow and also the weather is very cold.
How to reach
There is a separate airport for Kashmir and if people want to visit by bus or road services are provided by the Jammu And Kashmir Road Transport Corporation and also some other private buses are available. Here is a detailed information:-
By Air:- In Srinagar there is Sheikh-ul-Alam Airport which is well connected by major cities of India like Bangalore, Goa, Kolkata, Delhi ect. The airport is also famous for Kashmir.
By Road:- There is wee built-up connectivity between the major cities and Kashmir Highways. There are also government and private buses in which tourists can easily come. It is easy for travellers to visit Kashmir by bus or by road as it gives more timing for sightseeing.
Best Activities to do in Kashmir
There are many adventurous things to do in Kashmir. This Union Territory is located in the Pir Panjal ranges of the Himalayas which gives a perfect topography and beautiful sites to attract many tourists. The bucket list of tourists are filled with many activities and places to visit. Here are must to do things in kashmir:-
- Shikara Ride– The lakes of Srinagar like Dal and Nagin lakes provide a special treatment for boat rides and circle around the whole lake. This activity is counted as the most famous and relaxing of Kashmir.
- Trekking– There are many famous treks in Kashmir like- Great lakes, Vishanar Naranag trek, Pahalgam Tarsar Marsar Trek and many more which give excellent views and also to explore the forest or mountain parts of Kashmir.
- Skiing– Many people visit Kashmir in Winter to do skiing and snowboarding in the different places of Kashmir. There are many snow covered mountains in Kashmir like Gulmarg, Pahalgtam and Thajiwas glacier. The government of Jammu Kashmir makes many accommodations for the skiers too.
- Paragliding– This activity can only be done in places which have open grasslands or areas. Many do Paragliding to see green meadows and valleys of places like- Sonmarg, Gulmarg and also Bhaderwah etc.
There are many places to visit in India but for adventurous seekers Jammu Kashmir is the best place as it contains many beautiful and fun activities all are located in this one place.